Blocking is the means by which an Administrator prevents a user from editing the Fortnite Esports Wiki. Blocks are preventative rather than punitive measures, designed to stop disruption and enforce site policies. Block lengths may vary, depending on the severity of the disruption, but in most cases a block may be lifted if the offending user agrees to stop the disruptive behavior.
How blocks work
Administrators may issue blocks to registered user accounts and IP addresses by utilizing Special:Block, which is only accessible to administrators and other Fandom personnel. This page allows administrators to select the username or IP address of the intended blocking target, the duration of the block, and the reason for the block. A block duration may be temporary or permanent. Once blocked, a username or IP address will not be able to edit until the block expires. Blocks may be removed via Special:Unblock.
A list of all currently blocked users on the Fortnite Esports Wiki can be found here, while the Block log lists the complete blocking history. Any individual user's blocking history can also be accessed via the "block log" link on their contributions page.
Grounds for blocking
The following section lists some of the most common reasons for which a block may be issued. This list is by no means comprehensive, and administrators are not bound by these specific cases. Blocks are made at the discretion of the administration.
- Vandalism — Any edit made to deliberately lower the quality of this Wiki, such as adding nonsense to articles or blanking pages
- Disruption — Behavior that damages the Fortnite Esports Wiki and its community
- No personal attacks — Users personally attacking other users, which usually occurs in relation to a disagreement over article content.
- Sockpuppetry — An attempt by a user to evade an existing block in order to continue to edit. Abbuse of multiple accounts for block evasion or other circumvention of policy may result in these accounts being indefinitely blocked.
- Spam — Adding commercial links or content to articles
Blocking IP addresses
Due to the dynamic nature of IP addresses, administrators should not block an IP address permanently, and not longer then 3 months.
I've been blocked. What do I do?
If you were blocked, and you want to appeal your block or block length, please join our Discord server and create a Ticket by clicking on the envelope emote as displayed in the screenshot below. Please explain in details why you think your block was not justified. Only Wiki Administrators will be able to read your ticket chat, the conversation will be private. DM requests on Twitter or Discord wont be answered, the only contact method is through our Ticket system. See Fandom's "I have been blocked" help page for more information and advice.