Fortnite Esports Wiki:Community/How to Edit
We have a Tutorial! That's where you should start out if you're not already familiar with MediaWiki (the plaform that our site runs on).
How do I edit an already-existing page?
- Make sure you're logged into the site. You may need to create an account first.
- Go to the page you wish to create.
- You have a few options next:
- To edit a player or team infobox (that's the box on the right-hand side of the page), you will want to click "Edit with Form" in the upper-right corner.
- To edit the main body text in multiple sections on a page, you will want to click "Edit" in the upper-right corner.
- To edit the main body text in just a single section on a page, click  next to the section header (occasionally this won't be an option, and you'll have to click the Edit button at the top).
- Make your desired change. You can read about MediaWiki formatting here.
- Click Show Preview at the bottom, and ensure your page looks the way you want it to.
- Scroll down and click Save Page.
- Wait for your edit to be approved by an Editor. If you think this is taking too long, contact us.
How do I create a new page?
A page is automatically created by our system once a player gets a result worth power ranking points.
How do I move a page to a new URL?
How do I delete a page?
Again, you need to be an Administrator to do this. If you think a page needs to be deleted, contact us!
So you want to help out with the wiki, but aren't sure how to get started? Fortunately, there is a lot of documentation available for MediaWiki.
- Help Index, particularly the section on editing
- Basic Formatting Guide
- Inserting Images
- Basic Tables